- Last Updated on Tuesday, 24 February 2015 16:34 24 February 2015
- Published on Monday, 07 May 2012 16:49 07 May 2012
To be considered for admission to the D.Min. Program, a candidate must have received the Master of Divinity degree or its equivalent from an accredited school with a minimum grade-point average of B (3.00). A candidate with a lower grade-point average may be considered on the basis of demonstrated ministerial effectiveness.
A candidate must have completed a minimum of three years in a chosen ministry since completing his or her first graduate theological degree.
For candidates who have completed advanced theological degrees other than the M.Div., equivalency is defined as having fulfilled the core courses that are central to the M.Div. degree as defined by the UTS M.Div. Program. Applicants seeking equivalency will have their transcripts assessed to determine what additional coursework would be required for entry into the Program. Applications are reviewed by the Doctoral Admissions Committee.
Applicants must submit the following materials:
A completed Doctor of Ministry application form. D.Min Application Form
Official transcripts from all colleges, universities and seminaries attended. These must be mailed directly to the UTS Admissions Office from the issuing institution. If the original transcript is in a language other than English, the applicant must also submit the English translation.
Two recommendation letters.
An autobiographical statement in the form of an extended essay. The essay should be 5-7 pages long and include: 1. A review of past and current ministerial experience 2. Reasons why the applicant wishes to pursue the D.Min. degree 3. A theological reflection on the applicant’s ministerial goals
One digital and one passport-size photograph OR two passport-size photographs
TOEFL score of at least 550 (for non‑ native English speakers and whose M.Div. degree is from a non-English speaking institution).
- Proof of immunization for Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR). Students born before 1/1/1957 are exempted from this requirement.
Students who are accepted into the Doctor of Ministry Program will be given either Full Standing – all required documents have been received, or Provisional Standing – not all required documents have been received. Applicants whose G.P.A. from their first advanced theological degree is less than B (3.00) will be admitted with Conditional Status and re-evaluated after the first term of study.
There is no Special Status in the D. Min. Program.
D. Min. Program Tuition and Fees
|D.Min. Application Fee||$ 30.00|
|D.Min. Tuition per credit||$ 460.00|
|D.Min. Intensive Room & Meals (semi-private room)||$ 450.00|
|D.Min. Intensive Room & Meals (private room)||$ 510.00|
|Library Fee (each intensive)||$ 30.00|
|Continuing Enrollment Fee (per year)||$ 400.00|
|Graduation and Binding Fee||$ 150.00|
|Deferred Payment Plan||$ 155.00|
Deferred Payment Plan
Students must pay at least 33% of their tuition at registration. All other Seminary fees must be paid in full at time of registration, including any past due balances. The remaining 67% of deferred tuition must be paid in three equal installments the 3 months following the first day of classes. A fee is assessed for choosing this option. A late fee of $100.00 will be assessed at the end of the three months if there is a remaining balance. Student will not be allowed to register if there is a balance on their account.