Lecturer in Management
Steven Boyd is Dean of Enrollment Management & Student Life at UTS. For the past two decades he has specialized in strategic marketing and student recruitment in higher education, both in the U.S. and abroad. Before joining UTS, Mr. Boyd served as Director of International Admissions at the University of Bridgeport and Executive Director of Graduate and International Admissions at the University of New Haven. His work has taken him to 60 countries throughout the world.
Prior to entering the field of higher education, he and his family lived in Latin America for 20 years where he and his wife served as missionaries. He also worked as a teacher, simultaneous interpreter, international conference organizer, and translator for a major daily newspaper in Montevideo, Uruguay. With extensive experience in higher education, church, and related non-profit enterprises, Mr. Boyd brings valuable insight to the classroom regarding the management and marketing of non-profit organizations.
As an undergraduate student at the University of Kansas, he studied abroad in Guadalajara. He has a BA in Liberal Arts and an MBA in Marketing, and done graduate study at Unification Theological Seminary.
Mr. Boyd is a past presenter at NAFSA, EducationUSA Forum, NACUBO, EnglishUSA, ICEF, AIRC, and others, focusing on Strategic Recruitment Planning. He is a former member of the Board of Directors and Past-President of the American International Recruitment Council (AIRC). As President-elect, he chaired the AIRC 2019 Annual Conference. Mr. Boyd is currently a Member of the Board of Advisors of Keystone Education Group. He also a member of the Pearson Test of English Academic Advisory Board.
- MBA in Marketing, University of Bridgeport
- BA Liberal Arts, Excelsior College
Selected Conference Presentations
- NAFSA Regional XI Conference, November 2016 – Managing an Agent Network, co-presented with AIRC, ICEF
- ICEF, Miami, December 2017 – Student Recruitment in India, co-presented with Edwise International
- EducationUSA Forum, Washington, DC August 2017 – Communicating about Campus Safety, co-presented with University of California, Riverside and University of Illinois Champagne-Urbana, chaired by U.S. Department of Public Affairs
- EnglishUSA Stakeholders Conference, Washington, DC September 2017 – IEPs and the Use of Agents in International Student Recruitment, co-presented with EnglishUSA, AIRC, ICEF, Language Institute of New York City Language Center
- NAFSA Regional XI Conference, Bretton Woods November 2017 – Data Driven Decisions in the Recruitment of International Students, co-presented with Hotcourses.com
- NAFSA Regional XI Conference, Bretton Woods, NH November 2017 – Strategic Recruitment of International Students and the Place for Agents, co-presented International Language Institute of Massachusetts, FLS International. Selected best conference presentation.
- U.S. Commercial Service International Webinar, November 2017 – Developing an Agent Network, co-presented with U.S. Commercial Service, AIRC, ICEF
- AIRC Conference, Weston, FL December 2017 – Leveraging and Using Resources to Inform Recruitment Strategy: A Case Study in India, co-presented with Sannam S4 and Edwise International
- AIRC Conference, Weston, FL December 2017 – The Role of Campus Visits, FAM trips in Building a Relationship with High School Guidance Counselors and Agent Partners, co-presented with IDP, and Green River Community College
- NAFSA Conference, Washington, DC June 2018 – The Evolving Student Recruitment Market in India, co- presented with Southern New Hampshire University, Lakehead University, Sannam S4
- AIRC Conference, Weston, FL December 2018 – Impacts of Holistic Admission and Applied Learning, co-presented with University of North Carolina – Wilmington.
- AIRC, December 2018 – Strategic Recruitment: University and Agency Perspectives, co-presented with Western New England University, UStudy Global, SIEC. Selected among the Top 5 conference presentations.
- AIRC International Webinar, February 2019 - Strategic Recruitment: University and Agency Perspectives, co-presented with Western New England University, UStudy Global, SIEC.
- Keystone Education Group, UniQuest Webinar, March 2022 - Student Recruitment Megatrends: How market insights from 2021 can shape your strategy, co-panelist with Hult International Business School
- UniQuest Insights, March 2022, International Recruitment – Some Factors to Consider, guest article: https://uniquest.global/blog/
- Destiny Benders, May 2022, Changing Lives through International Education, featured guest on podcast.
- NAFSA Webinar, September 2022 – Peer-to-Peer Perspectives: The Evolving Role of Agents, co-presented with California State University, Long Beach and ApplyBoard.
- MGT 5311 Principles of Marketing
- MGT 5302 Management for Non-Profit Organizations
- MGT 5303 Leadership and Organizational Planning
- American International Recruitment Council (AIRC)
- Association of International Education Administrators (AIEA)
- European Association for International Education (EAIE)
- International Association for College Admission Counseling (IACAC)
- New England Association for College Admission Counseling (NEACAC)