District 3 and Clifton Family Church Seeks Pastor
- UTS Communications
District 3 and Clifton Family Church is seeking a Full-time Pastor who feels called by God, is sincere, prayerful, humble before God and cares about the spiritual wellbeing of our current and potential members. The pastor is a strong and charismatic leader who communicates God’s word and love with clarity and conviction, and macro-manages and brings out the best in a large team of paid pastoral and ministry staff and volunteers in order to provide for the diverse needs of our multicultural community. The pastor needs to be committed to fulfilling the mission of the Clifton Family Church to: bring joy to God by sharing the Marriage Blessing and teachings of True Parents by empowering individuals, couples and families to embody a culture of heart.
Job Title: District 3 and Clifton Family Church Senior Pastor
Job Location: Clifton, NJ
Job Type: Full-time
Benefits: Salary will range from $45,000-$55,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits include health, dental and life insurance, and retirement plan. Accommodation in parsonage and use of church van is available if needed.
Job Description: Lead the communities of District 3, including the Clifton Family Church community, in attending God and True Parents, and fulfilling the expectations of True Mother as expressed by national and subregional leadership by providing spiritual leadership and pastoral care, coordinating the efforts of the pastoral and ministry leadership of D3 and CFC, and liaising with the Subregion 1 and National HQ leadership. Additionally, the CFC Senior pastor is responsible for conveying God’s word and love to the congregation, overseeing the spiritual wellbeing and growth of CFC members, promoting the Blessed life culture through outreach and education, raising up the next generation of leadership, and encouraging service and involvement in the local community. The pastor oversees the church office administration, leads and empowers the ministry teams, and ensures the effective offering of programs and services by all ministries and affiliated organizations of CFC.
Essential Responsibilities of the District Pastor:
- Pray for the pastors and ministry leaders of D3.
- Remain accountable to the Subregional Director by offering weekly reports and participating in weekly state pastors and district pastors meetings.
- Respond to national and subregional goals and initiative by leading and working with the pastors of D3, affiliate leaders and CFC Ministry leaders to bring desired results.
- Provide individual support to the pastors of D3 as needed.
- Provide guidance and support to the Care Group Hosts of D3.
- Organize District level gatherings as needed.
Essential Responsibilities as CFC Senior Pastor:
- Prepare for and lead the Sunday Services and give sermons twice monthly at Sunday Services, and coordinate outside speakers on inbetween weeks.
- Organize and host Holy Day and holiday services and celebrations, and Seonghwa, Wonjeon and memorial services.
- Speak at ministry-led programming as requested, including GO & YUM services, CARP & ACLC meetings/programs, HTM meetings, BFM programs, etc.
Member Care & Outreach
- Pray for the ministry leaders and membership of CFC.
- Lead and coordinate the efforts of the ministry leaders, affiliate leaders, ethnic ministries and care group hosts in caring for the needs of the membership of CFC, and reaching out to and educating new members.
- Provide pastoral care/counseling to families in need, and meet with individual community members as requested.
Administration & Communication
- Engage in strategic planning and oversee church administration by directing and working with the Assistant Pastor, Administrative Assistant and CFC Council.
- Oversee communications with membership through ENews and Sunday bulletins.
- Oversee the management and proper stewardship of CFC finances and buildings through: budgeting, payroll, and policy decisions, as well as, tithing and rental income promotion.
*A detailed description of all responsibilities and tasks of the Pastor can be found here.
- A Church member in good standing, leading an exemplary life of faith, and capable of teaching Divine Principle
- 5+ years previous experiences in church ministries or affiliated organizations as a pastor or in a leadership role, paid or volunteer.
- Team management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Participated in the Holy Marriage Blessing ceremony
- College graduate
- Fluency in the English language
- Legally eligible to work in USA
- Must be willing to relocate to Clifton, NJ or surrounding areas
- Computer skills
- Direct experience in outreach and witnessing
- Previous experience working with ACLC
- Pastoral counseling or mentoring experience
- Seminary student or graduate
Applications are currently being accepted and reviewed with the intent to fill the position of full-time Pastor of District 3 and Clifton Family Church by the end of March. Applicants may be asked to come to Clifton from this time forward to interview and give a sermon to the congregation.
Submit the following documents as attachments:
- Cover letter
- 2 Letters of Recommendation are requested
Send to: Pastor Search Committee (email@example.com) and District Pastor, Crescentia DeGoede (firstname.lastname@example.org)